It is finally time for the 62nd edition of the London Film Festival! We are more than excited to be offering exclusive reviews and red carpet interviews!
* * * *
25 features. 77 countries. 14 cinemas. 12 days. One Festival.
Every year the British Film Institute organizes the BFI London Film Festival in partnership with American Express®.
This year it will take place from the 10th of October to the 21st of October.
The theme is Women Behind The Camera and we are already thrilled!!
The emphasis of the festival will be on the enormous depth and diversity shown in form of the most inspiring, inventive and distinctive films produced this year around the world. Hence the films were 50% directed and co-directed by women and we are looking forward to the outstanding work of everyone involved.
The movies are a mixture of comedies, genre-bending kaleidoscopic dramas, entertaining crime capers, haunting ghost stories, and nail-biting thrillers!
Apart from the exciting theme and the new Jury President, Lenny Abrahamson, the Award-nominated director of Room (LFF Official Competition), there is something else really interesting happening this year. For the first time ever the winner of the Best Film will receive the award in front of a public audience on Saturday 20th of October at Vue Leicester Square.
As always there will be four competitions – Official Competition, First Feature Competition, Documentary Competition, Short Film Award
The 10 films in Official Competition are:
- Birds of Passage (Pájaros de verano) dirs. Cristina Gallego, Ciro Guerra
- Destroyer dir. Karyn Kusama
- Happy as Lazzaro (Lazzaro felice) dir. Alice Rohrwacher
- Happy New Year, Colin Burstead. dir. Ben Wheatley
- In Fabric dir. Peter Strickland
- Joy dir. Sudabeh Mortezai
- The Old Man & the Gun dir. David Lowery
- Shadow (Ying) dir. Zhang Yimou
- Sunset (Napszállta) dir. László Nemes
- Too Late to Die Young (Tarde para morir joven) dir. Dominga Sotomayor
The emphasis on women behind the camera makes this 12 day celebration extra appealing.
Make sure to purchase your ticket on the official website and, in case you cannot be in London, follow our blog and our YouTube channel to get the newest updates, interviews, and reviews.